Thursday, March 3, 2011

Flynt

It has been 5 years since Flynt passed away. This will always be one of my favorite pictures. The best thing we can do is enjoy the moments as we have them. Sometimes it seems hard to believe that this life is just a blink in the eternal scheme of things. The kids will still every once in a while say something out of the blue about Flynt and it reminds me that he is not forgotten, though they were young, they remember. He lives on. There is no end. What a blessing that is. There was one day I went to school for Spencer's class... they had made journals and had a topic given each day that they were to write about. One day the topic was called "the looking window"... if you could look into a window and see anything, what would you see. There inside a pencil drawn window was a stick figure with beginning first grade writing underneath that said "My Uncle Flynt." I have often wondered what he is doing today.... someday I guess we will all find out.

2 comments:

Montana Wilkins said...

That was a very sweet post, Heidi.

Kim said...

I love the pic of Kyle and Flynt together!!! I have heard so much about him, but never knew what he looked like (I was waaaaaay off by the way). Anyhow...I enjoyed reading your post and appreciate the strength in your words!! You are such a stong woman!!! Thanks for being you!!!