Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Resolve....


I know we are all making New Years resolutions.... well most of us, which is a good thing. It is good to set new goals and evaluate our lives every now and then. It can actually be exciting to think of things in our lives being different no matter how good things might be. It is like having a brand new chance. I have made some realistic resolutions this year and one of them involves my new Breville juicer aka "Juicy Lucy" as I so have affectionately called her. It makes it more exciting for the kids to drink Juicy Lucy's concoctions in the morning because they came from Juicy Lucy and not from dear old Mom.

Anyway, this is my two cents. I have been moving over to a more healthy organic food lifestyle now for 3yrs and have beat myself up numerous times for not being able to do it all at once... ya know all the soaking, etc. But, duh! I have realized that is how life is.... we do things that way... ease into them. So, this year.... add into those resolutions a new resolve to eat better. Feed your body something better. Even pick just one thing you are going to do different. Remember this is how you get there... one step at a time. I'm pointed in the right direction.... have a ways to go, but headed that way anyway. Happy New Year.... to a happy, healthy New Year!

2 comments:

Montana Wilkins said...

Okay, now I have guilt! As I read this I'm eating a bowl of Cocoa Krispies! And I don't generally eat sweet cereals, but had a whim this morning...
The juicer looks great. A friend of mine who I grew up with has a blog about eating healthy if you want to look at it. Melissa goes a little more extreme with it than I could, but she's got some good recipes and other advice. The address is http://itsjustgood4u.blogspot.com/
if you want to check it out and see if anything from it works for you.
As for me, I think I'll go eat a banana now! ;o)

Cindy Sage said...

Bingo! That is how I work too. I just keep refining and refining. This makes it easier on those in the family that are draging thier feet. Good for you!